Creating history with unique programmes in TV and media. Deccan Education Society is graced by the vision and glory of its founding fathers: Father of Indian unrest and an astute lawyer Lokmanya Shri Bal Gangadhar Tilak, the doyen of Marathi literature, Shri. Vishnushastri Chiplunkar and the great social reformers Shri Gopal Ganesh Agarkar and Shri Mahadev Ballal Namjoshi.
The foundation of the institute was laid way back on 24th October 1884 on the auspicious day of Vijaya Dashmi or Dassera. Within less than three months, the Ferguson College was started on the 2nd of January 1885.History as they say, repeats and the Deccan Education Society has once again introduced a unique institute in keeping with the changing times, to introduce a new venture for professional training in media and related technologies.
- We shall develop future media to play the role of a Social Engineer to perfection.
- We believe in the immense power of and the positive role mass media can play in nation building and social transformation.
- We shall empower 'generation next' with the right knowledge and training, to shoulder this responsibility in a more conscious, determined and responsible manner.
DES' IFT will provide a strong platform to train and nurture our next generations for the upcoming invasions and challenges in our skies. DES shall maintain its high reputation of Academic Excellence along with creating Creative, Technical and Professional Excellence in Media.
Academic courses have lost their sheen and more and more students who pass out from such institutes are finding it difficult to get 'employed'. The reason is simple – little practical experience, no exposure to on-the-job requirements and programmes that rely more on theory. DES'IFT bridges this gap and offers practical programmes that can up your employability quotient and help you find a rewarding job in no time at all.
» No Classroom Sessions
» Specially designed Autonomous Programs
» Live Projects in Portfolio
» Unique Evaluation Pattern
» Assistance for Placements and Internships
» 24x7 Media Centre
» Experienced and Renowned Professionals as Faculty
DES'IFT is different
- Our training will be the benchmark for the TV Industry - by the end of the training period, you will be able to compete for jobs in your chosen field; you can stand in the industry with great confidence and pride.
- As a trainee you'll have a breadth of experience at the beginning of your career
- Trainees will receive high quality, formal skills training from industry leaders as well as a range of innovative and varied development opportunities
- We followed a structured personal development plan with clearly defined learning objectives and regular appraisals
- Structured skills training integrated with personal development plans
- Mentors and scheme managers who will actively support your development and review your progress against objectives
- Face-to-face courses with relevant work placements and projects
- Opportunities to join in exciting new ways of learning - from one-off information updates through to seminars and master classes